The declaration of incorporation of the Company was registered on October 20, 1930 at the Prefecture of the department of Seine et Oise and was published in the Official Journal of November 15, 1930. The initial statutes of the association had been approved by the General Assembly of May 28, 1930. The Company was established in accordance with the law of July 1, 1901. It has its headquarters in Sèvres.
The Company was founded in 1929 on the initiative of the Chambre Syndicale de la Céramique et de la Verrerie, in agreement with the Director of the National Manufacture and the Ceramic Museum of Sèvres, in order to promote the development of the museum.
The Society of Friends of the National Museum of Ceramics was recognized as being of public utility by decree of November 20, 1967 published in the Official Journal of the French Republic of November 26, 1967.
The statutes of the Society of Friends of the National Museum of Ceramics amended by the Extraordinary General Assembly of May 15, 2012 were approved by decree of the Ministry of the Interior dated December 13, 2013 published in the Official Journal of the French Republic n° 0295 of December 20, 2013, page 20784, text no. 34.
Since 1992, it has published the magazine “Sèvres”, abundantly illustrated in color, an international reference publication in French devoted to ceramics and the arts of fire.
It contributes, through donations, to the enrichment of the collections of the National Museum of Ceramics.
It collaborates with other organizations for events in the field of fire arts.